Welcome to the companion website for the Moon's of Jupiter Lab!
In this set of lab exercises, you will explore how to "weigh" a planet by exploiting
Newton's version of Kepler's Second Law.
- Explore the relationships between Orbital Radius, Orbital Velocity, and Mass.
- Discover how these relationships apply to the Jovian System.
- Develop an observing plan that will allow you to Weigh Jupiter.
- Submit your observing plan to the telescope.
- Retrieve and analyze your observational data.
Follow along in the lab instructions, referring to this website when instructed to do so.